The first challenge in building the Rhino Beetle was making her look like a woman. I think I was successful in accomplishing this. The next step is to outfit her to look like a Police officer. The first idea I had was to make her a police woman hat.
First I made a hat out of interfacing. This was a challenge but patience and perseverance paid out and I was satisfied with the shape. Next came covering the hat with fleece. The crown I covered with black and the brim I cover with white. I chose the white to make the hat stand out from the Rhino Beetle itself. Then I added a badge to the hat and it was done.
I'm not settled on the badge but it was the only one that I could find in the house so it will do until I can find one I like better. I need to find one so that I will have one for her hat and a matching one for her chest.
Welcome to my blog where I chronicle my efforts in designing and building puppets and their worlds. My hope is that I will contribute to the art of puppetry as I use it to lift up the name of Jesus.