Our Mission

Welcome to my blog where I chronicle my efforts in designing and building puppets and their worlds. My hope is that I will contribute to the art of puppetry as I use it to lift up the name of Jesus.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Richelle Rhino Beetle Preview

A new member of the Lilac Hollow gang is in the works. This new puppet is a Rhinoceros Beetle Police officer named Richelle. I decided that there needed to be an adult female figure in the series and felt that a police officer offered the versatility that I needed.


The Rhino Beetle is a neat challenge because of the horns. Getting the rhino beetle look and still having an approachable character is a interesting challenge. So far I'm happy with the look I'm getting. The figure is just about to the point where I'll be starting to fabricate it.
I'll be back in a few days to post more reports on the progress of the build.

No comments: