Our Mission

Welcome to my blog where I chronicle my efforts in designing and building puppets and their worlds. My hope is that I will contribute to the art of puppetry as I use it to lift up the name of Jesus.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Round Head Puppet

I've been working for the past week or so on a basic round head puppet. I also plan to make the pattern for this puppet available for a very small fee. A pattern for every part of the puppet pictured below will be included so that the beginning puppet builder will have everything he/she needs to begin getting his/her feet wet in the process of puppet building. Included will also be some patterns and suggestions for other features of the puppet like: eyes, ears, nose, hair and clothing, etc.



General information about the puppet you see that the body and head are constructed of 1/2 inch foam. The mouth plate is made of 1/2 inch foam reinforced with 6mm Foamie craft foam. Finger tubes are installed on the top and bottom jaw to give maximum control of the puppet and the head and body are fully lined. The posable hands are made of 17 gauge wire sandwiched between 1/2 foam and the arms are filled with poly fiber. The mouth is covered in red blizzard fleece and the remainder of the puppet is covered with brown anti-pill fleece.


I would definitely be interested in what you think of the puppet. Thanks.

No comments: