I finished the round headed puppet I was working on. All I had left after the last post was the facial features. The eyes are made of spoons with felt circles for pupils, the nose is made from a little NERF ball I cut in two and shaped on my belt sander and covered with fleece. This was my first time working with fur and I'm pretty pleased with the way the hair came out, its made from black fur and is attached in three pieces so that the hair will all the lay in the direction I wanted it to. The ears are made of 1/2 inch foam covered in fleece.
I decided against adding a tongue or tonsils. Sometimes simpler is better and less is more. I'm also leaving the clothes up to his new owner. The last time a talked to her she was really excited about picking out his clothes.
The puppet is supposed to be a Peruvian boy but realistically he could be any central or south American boy, depending on how you outfitted him.
This week, if all goes as planned, I'll introduce him to his new owner, a teacher that wants to use him to help teach her students. It will be the first time she has gotten to see him. I hope to surprise her with him at school and get to see the students as they meet him for the first time.
It was fun building a people puppet after all the bugs I've been building. But never fear, the next two puppets I have to build are bugs: a slug name Sylvester and a rhinoceros beetle named Richelle.